There's nothing like making homemade biscuits to fill in a few hours of weekend boredom, especially when it glum outside and Violet is always quite keen to get stuck in when the promise of foodie goodness is the end result.
We love coming up with new flavours for biscuits and usually results in a rummage through the cupboard and me making a few sensible suggestions.....today we decided on malted milk & peanut butter and my they were yum
If the sound of the cookies tickles your fancy then here is the recipe we used
BITS & BOBS....
- 125g soft butter or margarine
- 50g sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 30g malted milk powder (horlicks or similar)
- 2 tbsps crunchy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- pre heat oven to 170/375/5
- cream the butter & sugar together until light & fluffy
- stir in the peanut butter and then fold in the flour & malted milk powder ( the mix should be quite stiff)
- take small spoonfuls and roll into small balls, place onto a baking tray and flatten with a fork
- bake for 10-15 mins
- remove from tray and allow to cool on rack
- hide from children who will devour them in 2 minutes flat and then demand to make more
As you can see ours were rather on the large size as Violet was in control of potion control....